Artist Statement

My medium of passion is watercolor. It's transparent quality allows me to create both light or deeply saturated blended images. Being a purist, I use just the surface of the paper to create white. I also employ distilled water to limit any impurities which may impact the color.

My pallet is only limited by my imagination. I exclusively use "Windsor Newton" professional watercolors. I love the features of Arches "Cold Press", and depending on the size of the original I will use either 140 lb or 300 lb weight.

I strive to create paintings which emulate my love for all aspects of nature. Be that the new green of spring, or the bright colors of fall. Creations of the human mind are not neglected, colors, contrast and patterns are sought for their beauty. I hope, whomever views my work, will share in my awe and fascination of the complexity and beauty of the world all around us.

Friday, April 1, 2011

"Media" Meet and Greet" Durham Art Walk April 2011

Last week I enjoyed a wonderful early evening "Meet and Greet" with invited local media reporters. The event was organized by the Durham Arts Council to promote the up-coming Durham Art Walk.

We all met at "Bull McCabe's Irish Pub" on Main Street. Check out the Press Release from www.durhammag.com


Hope to see you'all April 9 - 10th, I will be exhibiting my watercolors at the Carolina Theater site "38" which is directly behind the Durham Art's Council building.


No comments: